Monday, November 21, 2011

Luis Alberto Urrea- Part One (THE HUMMINGBIRD'S DAUGHTER)

This week's guest is Luis Alberto Urrea. Mr. Urrea is a major American writer, of Mexican descent. I first discovered his writing in 2005, when I read the galleys of THE HUMMINGBIRD'S DAUGHTER (Kindle editon). That novel was, and continues to be, one of the most creative works of fiction I have ever read.

Mr. Urrea is a gifted storyteller. He is an excellent writer, to be sure, but the scope and magnitude of his imagination is what makes him unique. I am doing a three-part series on the interviews I have done with Mr. Urrea.

We will begin with the THE HUMMINGBIRD'S DAUGHTER interview I did in July, 2005. This was my first interview with Luis, and we discuss his body of work leading up to, and including, THE HUMMINGBIRD'S DAUGHTER.

The second interview will feature THE DEVIL'S HIGHWAY, Mr. Urrea's non-fiction story of the Mexican-American border. THE DEVIL'S HIGHWAY was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2006. That interview is available in both English and Spanish.

During the third interview Mr. Urrea and I will discuss QUEEN OF AMERICA, his brilliant sequel to THE HUMMINGBIRD'S DAUGHTER.

If you are looking for a writer who writes books that completely capture your imagination and take you to a different time place you need to discover the world of Luis Alberto Urrea. His writing is magical. Enjoy!

LISTEN TO the interview

Peace,
Kacey
http://www.kaceykowarsshow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment